Mike and I had a quick visit with sweet Flara today. Just 15 minutes each. Thankfully, we made it because we won't get to visit tomorrow. There are plusses and minuses to our Sundays. We had a longer visit with her last night. That was good! She has continued to look much better. She was awake for us, although she was starting to get very agitated. Not being fed was starting to wear on her. I just hate that. Her irritability made it hard to calm her down. She was really vigorous about her pacifier. She just wanted something to calm her hunger pangs! This morning, her irritability was even more present. I was able to calm her down just in time to switch out. I had one hand cupped around her head, and my other forearm and hand cupping her little body. She wrapped her little legs around my wrist (good thing I have skeletor wrists!) and wrapped her little arms around my hand and held on with her hands. I then used one finger to hold her pacifier in place. It wasn't the most comfy for me, but she loved the (non-holding) cuddle time. I talked to her while she was awake and listening to me, then sang to her when she fell asleep. My leaving brought on a fit for poor Daddy. He said she was upset just about the whole time he was with her. Thankfully, though, the doctors wrote that she may restart her feeds today. Although it's going to be a slow process to work back up to full feeds again, at least she'll be getting something.
Our visit presented us with quite a bit of good news. Her blood culture has continued to remain negative. That's great! Between the eye infection, UTI, and the GI tract full of air, that all together really did her in. She was able to have one antibiotic discontinued, so she's just getting a single antibiotic now. Although she's still on the same hat and 'gear' of the nasal-SIMV, the settings has been changed so she is just on CPAP. This means she's not getting 'puffs' of air anymore. She is just simply getting a flow of air with pressure. Yay! She has gone a few days without heart rate drops and oxygen-level drops. Perhaps she's turning the corner? We hope so! We are also very pleased to learn that Flara has reached the 3 pound mark! FINALLY! She is also now 16.2 inches long. Very big girl!
Between Noël and sweet Flara, we have the two cutest little girls in the world!
Since Mike, Noël, and I feel like we live in the car, we have just discovered something amazing that adds to our trip... The Pit Stop. SWEET! This little gem of a 'convenience' store is awesome. We've been eye-balling it for weeks and finally turned in last night. It's a drive-thru garage/ convenience store. The most amazing invention ever. I want to own one myself. And, I want the Tshirt that hangs in the bay... "Stop, Shop, and Roll." Yes! You drive through it like you're getting your oil changed. But, instead of oil, you are surrounded by drinks and food! Imagine driving your car into the middle of the store at the gas station, and someone walks over, asks you want you want, then walks and fetches your desires. Plus, added bonus, the Snickers bars have been fresh. Mmm, mmmm. If you don't understand the concept of a fresh candy bar, then you need to start eating more candy. =) Either way, this place is great. Especially when you have a little one in the back seat. I love not getting out of the car! I have seen the concept before in my hometown, but for livestock and dog feed. My dad would 'drive-thru' and have bags of dog food thrown into our truck for the beagles. The concept with snack foods (and smokes and beer if that's your heart's desire)... pure genius.
No comments:
Post a Comment