Also, in asking one simple question, it seems that some people are taking offense to it. Hmmm... Don't get me wrong. We think Flara is in a great place, and they are taking wonderful care of her, but sometimes, people can be just funny. We keep reminding ourselves God is in control, and not to stress or worry.
I did appreciate an opportunity to talk a family through the frustrations, fears, and worry of their baby getting an infection and needing to go on the ventilator. Although I felt a bit like I was at work, I was glad to be able to explain a lot of what is going on and possibly calm their fears a bit. They were all a bit wide-eyed at the fear of what had happened today for them, and were confused in not knowing all the jargon being presented to them. I had a good hour to explain things in detail and relate our own experience to them. A little birdie had mentioned to them that I am a NICU nurse (thanks, Honey!), so they picked my brain while Noël entertained through dance, spinning, drawing, flirting... As I've said before, our experience is going to greatly help me when I do return to work. I have a whole new perspective on the NICU thing.
One last thing... little Flara Sophia is 31 weeks today, and turned one-month-old yesterday. =)
You are so good. I am so proud of you and I love you. You ARE the body . . .
ReplyDeleteHis arms reaching,
His hand healing,
His words teaching,
His feet going,
His love showing them . . .
there is a way . . .
Jesus is the way.