I discovered the roll-overs when I put her in Noël's bed-formerly-known-as-Crib for a nap a couple of days ago. I think we have it established through pictures that my babies sleep in manners not kosher with the current campaigns... thanks to reflux issues gone mad. But, anyways, I put Flara in the crib and walked away. Some period of time later, she was awake and crying. When I went to retrieve her, she was on her back! And, she looked SHOCKED! Hooray! Big girl rolled over!
It has happened several times since, and many times today! It makes me happy and a bit proud to know that our 'homework' is paying off! She's also leaning hard to the sides when we're playing with her on her back and starting to get the motions down that she will need to learn to roll over from her back to her tummy. Oh, how fun!
During bath time a few nights ago, she let out a short little chuckle when I washed her neck. That little chuckle delighted me, but that was all she would offer. Well, today, I was playing with her, and tickled that little neck, and she really got to chuckling! It was so cute! So, over and over again, like a meanie, I kept tickling her neck and making her laugh! It was great. =) I can't describe her little laugh. It's really funny... not a traditional laugh or chuckle that I normally hear from babies. It is just distinctively Flara.
Those little milestones sure brighten my day. It makes me feel like we're maybe starting to get somewhere!
On Big Sister news... she is still doing great in her big girl bed. I think that has to be the smoothest transition ever. She's so good at big girl bed, that on the third night, she started crawling into bed by herself! She is big enough (in her eyes!) to not need her mommy or daddy to put her in bed. =)
Tonight, she is sleeping with a pillow for the first time. REALLY big girl!
On the name news, she has renamed her mommy. No longer does she call me by 'ma ma' or 'mom mom' or 'mommy.' I am now a short and forceful "MAMMY." That really cracks me up!
If you Facebook, then these are old news, but here's a smiley Flara! She makes it hard to capture grins on camera, but if her Mammy sings, she lights up! Her favorite song is "In Christ Alone." =)
This is big stuff Noël practicing her modeling poses! ha! She was sporting all sorts of funny stances, so I kept snapping. Here, I asked her to 'give me serious.'
Noel's model poses crack me up! Miss you all!!
ReplyDelete